D Language Foundation Monthly Meeting Summary (September 24, 2021)

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 07:14:25 UTC 2022

On Friday, 14 January 2022 at 06:12:51 UTC, Konstantin wrote:

> Hello, Max!
> Are there any news or estimates about the roadmap?

I posted a note about it in a meeting summary or a blog post
(can't remember where) a few weeks ago. But the short of it: in
the process of revising it, I realized it needs a complete
rewrite. The document we ended up with isn't what we said we
wanted.

The rewrite will be a high priority for me once I wrap up the
DConf Online Q & A videos and get the DIP queue moving again.
I'll need more input from other people, and the time that takes
is never predictable, but I intend to get it published in the
first quarter of this year.

And for the record, it's *not* a roadmap (assuming roadmap means
a step-by-step plan for language evolution). It's broader than
that. The intent is to outline Walter's and Atila's current
focus, their longer-term goals, and areas where contributors can
direct their efforts. It's a living document that will evolve as
priorities change.