The DIID series (Do It In D)

Guillaume Piolat first.last at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 14:23:45 UTC 2022

How bad really is the D ecosystem?

I've started the DIID series, a good old snippet collection for
you to copy/paste.
A series of article to highlight how shockingly easy some things
are in D today.

https://p0nce.github.io/d-idioms/#DIID-#1---Parse-XML-file
https://p0nce.github.io/d-idioms/#DIID-#2---Play-music
https://p0nce.github.io/d-idioms/#DIID-#3---Convert-Markdown-to-HTML
https://p0nce.github.io/d-idioms/#DIID-#4---Draw-an-accelerated-triangle
https://p0nce.github.io/d-idioms/#DIID-#5---Draw-a-triangle-in-a-PDF
https://p0nce.github.io/d-idioms/#DIID-#6---Parse-JSON-file

All code in one place at: https://github.com/p0nce/DIID

Preferred topics:
- promote ecosystem-ey ways to do a common (but not completely
trivial) task,
- with a business-friendly licence
- provide full source code / snippet
- DUB and _maintained_ libraries only
- ideally works with "dub run"
- works at least on Linux and Windows
- no talk

If you have ideas that enter in that mindset, you are welcome to
contribute articles or article ideas, as I fear the ecosystem has
lots of undiscovered power for the people to wield.
I'd be curious to hear about how a few lines of package X solves
problem Y for you.