From the D Blog: The Binary Language of Moisture Vaporators

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Jan 24 23:06:26 UTC 2022

On 1/24/2022 1:57 PM, Moth wrote:
> first: how exactly does assembly output relate to moisture vaporators?

Vaporators run on compiled code, so do understand the binary code of vaporators,
you'll need a disassembler.

I wanted to make looking at the binary code easy and fun.

> second: what on earth is an ""alpha programmer""?

The top tier of programmers. In my career, I've noticed a very strong
correlation between the top tier of programmers, and programmers who had a solid
understanding of assembler code and what their compiler was doing.

> i do hope walter has not
> subscribed to the pseudoscientific views of mysogynists.

Gender never occurred to me when speaking about alpha programmers.