Druntime merged into dmd repo

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 07:12:25 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 12 July 2022 at 03:36:42 UTC, StarCanopy wrote:
> On Saturday, 9 July 2022 at 22:24:45 UTC, max haughton wrote:
>> Say thank you to Iain, Mathias, Vladimir, and Martin.
>>
>> This will make D better. More details to come.
>
> I'm ignorant. Why is this significant?

This is not something a user is going to be affected by. But it
will make it much easier for the compiler/druntime devs to do
work. DMD and druntime are very strictly coupled and sometimes
modifying one requires changes in the other. That lead to
situations where it was practically impossible to integrate
changes without temporarily breaking the CI. Moreover, it was a
pain to bisect bugs that were affected by both druntime/dmd
changes.