Blog post on extending attribute inference to more functions

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 20:59:00 UTC 2022

A lot of people ask for more inferred attributes - safe, nogc,
etc. I have some thoughts.

Inferred Attributes

     Run-time dispatch
     Function documentation
     Compatibility contracts
     Attributes dependent on arguments
     ABI and .di file compatibility
     Compile speeds
     Conclusion

Read the details on my website here:

http://dpldocs.info/this-week-in-d/Blog.Posted_2022_07_11.html

I try to post something there once a week btw, but work+child can
make that difficult to find time. So they are often a little late
and many weeks I only post the auto-generated summary. But if you
want to look down the index, you can find a lot of things I've
talked about. I very rarely announce them here since I don't want
to spam too much.

So while you might only hear from me here a couple times a year,
I am probably actually writing something on the website once or
twice a month.