Adding Modules to C in 10 Lines of Code

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Jun 7 18:44:22 UTC 2022

On 6/5/2022 10:49 PM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> On Sunday, 5 June 2022 at 22:41:14 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> That are *C* compilers doing imports for *C* code?
> https://clang.llvm.org/docs/Modules.html
>
> And I am out of this thread.

I had thought that was just for ObjectiveC. It seems it does work for C, though
the user has to create "module map" files:

"To actually see any benefits from modules, one first has to introduce module
maps for the underlying C standard library and the libraries and headers on
which it depends. The section Modularizing a Platform describes the steps one
must take to write these module maps."