argparse version 1.0.0

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 09:20:24 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 9 June 2022 at 19:08:16 UTC, Andrey Zherikov wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm glad to announce first major version of
> [argparse](https://code.dlang.org/packages/argparse) - a
> library for creating command line interface. It took some time
> to figure out public API of this library and I believe it's
> mature enough for the major version.

Congratulations on the release. Though there's a good number of
libraries for this task in D already, this solution looks very
complete.

I was wondering if you ran into any strong reasons for describing
the arguments as a struct, rather than, well, function arguments.
I have had good success so far with the latter, which has the
benefit of being succinct:

https://github.com/CyberShadow/btdu/blob/116d190079ca77d61383eb738defa4318d5a1e5f/source/btdu/main.d#L59