D Language Foundation June 2022 Monthly Meeting Summary

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 01:11:26 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 25 June 2022 at 00:40:44 UTC, Adam Ruppe wrote:
> I wrote up a thing in my blog about what I'd like to see from
> dips and the steering of the language and there might be some
> overlap with your vision document concepts:
>
> http://dpldocs.info/this-week-in-d/Blog.Posted_2022_06_20.html

Cool. Then let's not let it go to waste. You should bring it to a
meeting so we can discuss it. Our upcoming July meeting is a
quarterly meeting with the industry folks, so that's likely to be
a long one. Then our August meeting will happen in person at
DConf. So if you want to come and talk about what you've written
here, then I can make that our big agenda item for our September
meeting (unless you decide to join us in London :-)).

We had a meeting last fall where Mathias brought a proposal for a
steering committee. There was a good discussion about it, then we
took a vote on it and rejected it. Right now, I can speculate
that it would still get voted down, but you still should come in
and make your case.

As for the DIP process, I'm always open to changes as long as
they don't skew toward making it too easy (such that we get
inundated with DIPs for every idea someone has) or too onerous
(such that no one submits any DIPs at all).

And please, for anyone reading this, let's not debate the current
state of the DIP process in this thread. If you'd like to do
that, please start a new thread in the General forums.