D Language Foundation Monthly Meeting for February 2022

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 14:33:54 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 1 March 2022 at 08:12:43 UTC, bauss wrote:
>> Can't beat the nice integration and ease of access Github
>> provides, we need stay fresh to attract new younger souls
>
> I sort of agree with that. I usually don't bother reporting
> anything because I don't like bugzilla, it would just be much
> more convenient to use Github.

New Bugzilla is much nicer (preview: https://dbugs.k3.1azy.net/),
but I agree that it's not possible to beat GitHub's integration
with GitHub (and GitHub does not provide the opportunity for
better integration either unlike some libre competitors). On the
other hand with Bugzilla we are fully in control and own our
data, which allows doing a few things not possible with GitHub.
This is why we're doing both approaches in parallel (Bugzilla
work is currently waiting on obtaining the issues.dlang.org
configuration files).