Google Summer of Code -- An Apology

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 01:33:16 UTC 2022

Several weeks ago, I received an email from Google informing me
that the application period for the 2022 Summer of Code was
approaching. I made a mental note, then went back to whatever I
was in the middle of at the time without making any other kind of
note. Then I completely forgot about it.

The end result is that I missed the deadline for mentor
organization applications. We won't be participating in GSoC this
year.

I apologize to everyone for dropping the ball on this, especially
those of you who were looking forward to getting into it this
year.

I've already put a couple of reminders on my Calendar to prevent
this from happening again next year.