D Language Foundation Monthly Meeting for February 2022

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 14:03:38 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 5 March 2022 at 12:39:39 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 March 2022 at 01:21:06 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> But we have no reason to move the D projects away from GitHub
>> to GitLab. GitLab has never entered the conversation.
>
> Two reasons would be that
> 1) It already offers [an integration with
> bugzilla](https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/integrations/bugzilla.html).
> 2) Being open source it can be installed on your own hardware,
> which is the main argument being made for using bugzilla.
>
> It also has integrated CI.
>
> — Bastiaan.

I have no opinion on point #1, but for #2, I do not see that as a
benefit. We're aiming to integrate all of our services. As I see
it, the less we have to manage ourselves, the better. If we did
for some reason want to migrate to GitLab, my vote would be to
let them host us.

But my point was, GitHub has worked well for us for years.
There's no desire to move away that I'm aware of. If it ain't
broke, don't fix it!