dmt: Python-like indentation in D programming language

mw mingwu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 22:22:18 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 17:23:14 UTC, Witold Baryluk
wrote:
>> I'm wondering if it can translate existing Python code (e.g
>> with a bit py3 type annotations) to D code, then it may
>> attract much more users.
>
> No. And not planned. Sparkling some `auto` here and there
> manually, makes it quite possible tho. I did port on Python
> program to `dmt` rather quickly. But of course if you use
> standard library, things are harder.

Just FYI: I found a working Python PEG grammar file here

https://github.com/we-like-parsers/pegen/blob/main/data/python.gram

it will be a great helper to to trans-compile Python to D.

E.g. to try parse Python code and execute the parsed code:

```
git clone https://github.com/we-like-parsers/pegen
cd pegen
make demo