[Semi-OT] Sdlang Initiative

singingbush singingbush at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 10:14:36 UTC 2022

It's worth pointing out that SDL (as in Simple Declarative
Language) isn't being actively developed anymore. I reached out
to Daniel Leuck about it a few years ago as there were a few
things I'd wanted to see in an updated spec. There was some
discussion about an updated specification for SDL but in the end
it was decided that development would focus a family of languages
under the name of Ki. One of which, [Ki Data
(KD)](https://github.com/kixi-io/Ki.Docs/wiki/Ki-Data-(KD)), is
essentially the newer replacement for SDL. As shown in the linked
documentation, a `*.kd` file is similar to `*.sdl` but there is
far more documentation about the newer standard.