Release: serverino - please destroy it.

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 9 05:52:30 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 8 May 2022 at 23:44:42 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> While we are on topic :) and as I finally understood what
> generational GC is[1], are there any fundamental issues with D
> to not use one?

I implemented one a long time ago. The only way to get write
barriers with D is memory protection. It worked, but
unfortunately the write barriers caused a severe performance
penalty. It's possible that it might be viable with more
tweaking, or in certain applications where most of the heap is
not written to; I did not experiment a lot with it.