Release: serverino - please destroy it.

Andrea Fontana nospam at example.com
Tue May 10 12:52:01 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 10 May 2022 at 12:31:23 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 May 2022 at 10:49:06 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
>> And you can still handle 700k/views per hour with 20 workers!
>
> Requests tend to come in bursts from the same client, thanks to
> clunky javascript APIs and clutters of resources (and careless
> web developers). For a typical D user ease-of-use is probably
> more important at this point, though, so good luck with your
> project!

In my opnioni IRL that's not a big problem as it can seem.

Again: that's just how nginx and apache handle php/cgi/fcgi/scgi
requests.
Wikipedia runs wikimedia software. Written in php. Running on
apache with php-fpm (and cache!).

And I'm not suggesting to run wikipedia on serverino, *for now*.

If you try to open a lot of wikipedia pages at the same time in a
burst, they will be served (probably using keep-alive connection)
not in parallel: you're queued. And the 99.9% of users will never
notice this. Is it a problem?

If you need much control, you can use an http accelerator and/or
you can use a reverse proxy (like nginx) to control bursts et
similia.

I'm running a whole website in D using fastcgi and we have no
problem at all, it's blazing fast. But it's not so easy to setup
as serverino :)

Andrea