Release: serverino - please destroy it.

Andrea Fontana nospam at example.com
Tue May 10 15:00:06 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 10 May 2022 at 13:15:38 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 10 May 2022 at 12:52:01 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:
>> I'm running a whole website in D using fastcgi and we have no
>> problem at all, it's blazing fast. But it's not so easy to
>> setup as serverino :)
>
> Easy setup is probably the number one reason people land on a
> specific web-tech, so it is the best initial angle, I agree.
>
> (By version 3.x you know what the practical weak spots are and
> can rethink the bottom layer.)

Right. But it's not just marketing.

I work in the R&D and every single time I even have to write a
small api or a simple html interface to control some strange
machine I think "omg, I have to set nginx agaaaaaain". It's
pretty annoying especially if you're working on shared aws
machine. (I know, docker & c. Exist, but they take a lot to setup
and they are heavy for some simple api). I'm going to love
serverino in the next months :)