Library associative array project v0.0.1

templatedperson templated at person.com
Wed May 11 16:55:36 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 11 May 2022 at 16:07:07 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:

> The virtual types are not @nogc ....

By "the virtual types", do you mean `interface`s? If so, that
could be solved by doing an `enum isAllocator(T) = ...` like
`range`s do, right? Or, I believe Atila's `concepts` library
enable people to use `interface`s with `struct`s.

> for a good reason, the default is the GC.

Good reason or not, people sometimes need to do manual memory
management.

I usually use the GC and like that we have it, but if you care
about performance you gotta drop down to manual managements
sometimes. If libraries don't let users decide what sort of
memory management pattern they want to use we have two languages
essentially.

I'd rather all of phobos had overloads with allocator arguments,
but sadly it doesn't.