My first game done in my engine is finally running on Xbox Series!

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 17:33:27 UTC 2022

On Monday, 21 November 2022 at 01:14:41 UTC, thebluepandabear
wrote:
>> If you wish to take a look into the current code development,
>> here it is:
>> https://github.com/MrcSnm/HipremeEngine
>
> Big hats off to you.
>
> How hard was it in terms of general design, and how much math
> did you need to learn out of interest?

The math is not that hard, as most of it depends on understanding
specially the Model View Projection matrix, which you can find
nice tutorials on internet. The rotation being the hardest part,
although I did not use yet quaternions for that.

The engine design I was quite experienced in abstraction
development, though, almost for every platform I added, I needed
to refactor a bit, the progress is fairly incremental, I really
doubt one could write a design for it and after adding a couple
of platforms and libraries, it being the same way as in the
start. One must always remember that for an abstraction, you need
to use the most complex/verbose as the rule, the simple/direct
one will be basically automatic to implement.

I believe the only code I yet need to touch again is the
ErrorHandler, which I have it a bit underused as most of things
just worked.