D + Qt + QtDesigner

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:05:05 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 24 November 2022 at 07:14:40 UTC, Barbara wrote:
> As one of the lead developers of CopperSpice I can assure you
> writing an effective,  cross platform, thread aware, GUI
> library is indeed very complicated and time consuming.

Yeah, I've been working on it on-and-off for over ten years now.

> OpenGL is not the only requirement for a GUI and actually not
> the hardest part.

OpenGL is not a requirement for a gui at all, in fact. Drawing
stuff is the most trivial part (it always amuses me when people
say they have "gui libraries" and it is just a few basic drawing
functions).

My gui lib allows opengl embedding, probably similar to your
copperspice, but it also works without it. Bigger jobs though are
the text (which is huge) and all the interactions people expect
like drag and drop and just right scrolling and a whole range of
things small and big.