Beta 2.101.0

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Mon Oct 17 13:57:26 UTC 2022

On Monday, 17 October 2022 at 12:51:58 UTC, rassoc wrote:
> On 10/17/22 13:35, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
>> Glad to announce the first beta for the 2.101.0 release, ♥ to
>> the 299 contributors.
>
> Thank you and congrats on the first (beta) release as the new
> release manager!
>
> But say, what's happening with the linked issues? Clicking the
> first few goes back to stuff submitted in 2006 and fixed in
> 2012ish. Might also explain the high contributor count, some of
> these names haven't been active in D for years.

DMD and D Runtime were merged together into one repository, this
includes all histories, so I suspects it's picking up all authors
from that.

You can verify the what was read in by the changelog tools by
running:
```
git log --pretty='format:%aN|%aE' v2.100.2..v2.101.0-beta.1 |
sort -u
```

See https://github.com/dlang/tools/blob/master/contributors.d#L81

I think for this release only, we can work around this by using
pathspecs to exclude druntime.

```
(
   git -C dmd log --pretty='format:%aN|%aE'
v2.100.2..upstream/stable ':!druntime'
   git -C dmd log --pretty='format:%aN|%aE'
v2.100.2..upstream/stable druntime
   git -C druntime log --pretty='format:%aN|%aE'
v2.100.2..upstream/stable
) | sort -u
```