D Language Foundation Meeting September 2022 Monthly Meeting Summary

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 20:21:10 UTC 2022

On Monday, 17 October 2022 at 14:10:49 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> Finally, I noted that I had spoken to Weka's Eyal Lotem at
> DConf. He said their biggest remaining sticking point is what
> happens after a move, which is what originally prompted [one of
> their employees to write
> DIP1014](https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/accepted/DIP1014.md), which introduced `opPostMove` and was accepted. It was never implemented and now never will be, thanks to [the approval of copy constructors in DIP1018](https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/accepted/DIP1018.md) intended to replace post blits.

Huh? First off, DIP1018 replaces postblits, not postmoves.
DIP1040, if accepted, will replace postmoves, but it's currently
post community 1, not accepted.

Second, the readme file at dips directory says DIP1014 is
implemented in dmd 2.088.1. Something is wrong here.

Regardless, thanks for keeping us up to date.