Walter's Edited DConf Talk Video -- Feedback Request

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:02:47 UTC 2022

On 9/8/22 6:40 AM, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 September 2022 at 10:19:00 UTC, matheus. wrote:
>> My tip is for the next DConf, people in charge of recording should
>> watch all the previous Conferences and take what went right (The
>> conference at facebook was well done), because this was new to me,
>> usually when the slide is *NOT* presented on the screen they show it
>> in full for a few seconds or when the presenter is explaining, this
>> way was very weird and the first time I see this.
>
> Are you still talking about the edited version? I tried to time showing
> the slides when he's actually talking about them, and for the code
> snippets I highlighted the lines he's referring to. I didn't like the
> random switching in the livestream (which is what the recorded version
> is), which is why I decided to edit.

I agree that the Facebook conference was very well done, they had
cameras and camera operators everywhere.

But in general, I think a video stream of the screenshare, a stream of
the person talking (and only that), a stream of the whole stage, and if
possible, video streams of each questioner would be a great raw source
to start with.

I've seen other conference streams where the image of the speaker is
very narrow, and therefore they can consume most of the screen with the
slides. I think that's ideal.

-Steve