Introducing alid

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Wed Sep 14 16:21:52 UTC 2022

On 14/09/2022 8:44 PM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 9/12/22 09:34, rikki cattermole wrote:
>
>  > dub.json
>  > errornogc/alid/errornogc.d
>  > circularblocks/alid/circularblocks.d
>
> Considering I may want to let the users import the entire package as
> well with
>
>    import alid;
>
> how can I achieve my goal of subpackages? Telling me to forget about
> subpackages altogether :) is an option because I've already spent hours
> trying to find my way through different directory structures, random
> dub.json edits, experimenting with ways of stopping dub from fetching
> and using the bad version of the repo repeatedly, and many other random
> things...

In your root package you can still have the package.d file.

You would use the version added by Dub to detect if you should public
import the other modules.

 > DUB provides version identifier of dependencies for conditional
compilation with version conditions. Have_<dependency> version
identifier can be used for conditional compilation.

https://dub.pm/advanced_usage