raylib-d v4.2.1 - introducing install script

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 17:04:43 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,

I've released version 4.2.1 of raylib-d. This version is an attempt to
fix the issues with linking on Windows.

It introduces a new subproject, `raylib-d:install`, which will copy a
pre-built binary library of the appropriate version to your project
directory. While this is far from complete, it provides a required
feature for Windows. Namely, a fix for a faulty bug in the new symbol
introduced for raylib 4.2.0 that allows us to validate the binding is
correct. The symbol I use was not properly exported for the dll version
of raylib.

I have included in the repository a *correctly* built raylib.dll, which
now allows linking on Windows.

At present, the only platform supported with the raylib-d:install script
is Windows on X86_64. If you need a pre-build binary for your platform,
please open an issue. Note the docs say I have binaries for MacOS x86_64
and arm64, but these are not working at the moment. There is an issue
with dub, where it does not properly clone symbolic links, which I
believe is caused by Phobos std.zip. I will eventually work around this
issue, and eventually I plan to be smarter about the binary files.

However, for those of you who have wanted to upgrade to raylib-d for
4.2.0 on Windows, but have ran into linker errors, this is the solution.
Please read carefully the new README as I have rewritten it to include
detailed instructions (including how to run the new install script)

I expect a further release to fix the issues with installing MacOS
binaries soon.

-Steve

https://code.dlang.org/packages/raylib-d
https://github.com/schveiguy/raylib-d/blob/master/README.md