Binary Literals Not Going Anywhere

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Mon Sep 26 12:22:18 UTC 2022

On Monday, 26 September 2022 at 04:40:02 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> You may have seen [the long discussion about the deprecation of
> binary
> literals(https://forum.dlang.org/thread/vphguaninxedxopjkzdk@forum.dlang.org).
>
> A few hours ago, Walter and I recorded a second conversation
> for our YouTube channel. Before we got started, I asked him
> about the binary literal situation. He confirmed that they will
> not be deprecated. If you're using them today, you can keep
> using them tomorrow.

That's good to hear as depreciating binary literals wouldn't make
any sense. I first assumed that people made too much of the
comment as sometimes you just say something like a speculative
comment without too much meaning or afterthought. Then Walter got
into the discussion at forum not really retracting what he said
so that left many people wondering.