DIP1044---"Enum Type Inference"---Formal Assessment

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 03:49:11 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 26 April 2023 at 01:39:14 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 4/25/2023 1:15 PM, ryuukk_ wrote:
>> Or perhaps, listen to this person:
>> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/14650
>
> That only does a subset of the proposal. The inference only
> works in specific cases. Things like function overloading are
> not addressed.

Where were you when we discussed about it?
https://forum.dlang.org/post/clkvzkxobrcqcelzwnej@forum.dlang.org

Nowhere to be seen

For projects to move forward, discussion must happen

Hiding in the back with a knife mean you waste everyone's time

People who spending time thinking about the feature, writing the
DIP, discussing about it, implementing the PR, arguing with
people, doing the effort to argument etc etc

Anyways, this is your project, you choose how it goes, it goes
both ways tho, i choose what i use