DIP1044---"Enum Type Inference"---Formal Assessment

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Wed Apr 26 13:07:31 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 25 April 2023 at 04:54:43 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> I submitted DIP1044, "Enum Type Inference", to Walter and Atila
> on April 1. I received the final decision from them on April
> 18. They have decided not to accept this proposal.
> [...]

While I was rather "pro" I think that D lacked an absolute
necessity for that. As explained earlier on IRC, enum type
inference is also very intersting when the language has a
bitfield type based on an enum, like the `Set Of` pascal
construct, which makes enum member something really commonly
used, much more than in D.