D Language Foundation April 2023 Quarterly Meeting Summary

max haughton maxhaton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 19:50:55 UTC 2023

On Friday, 28 April 2023 at 14:29:47 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> The D Language Foundation's second quarterly meeting for 2023
> took place on April 7 at 14:00 UTC. It lasted just over an
> hour. This was the first "standalone" quarterly meeting, where
> the foundation's monthly discussion was split into a separate
> meeting the following week.
>
> [...]

Two notes:

1. The conversation about formatters is not quite on the money
wrt internals, sdfmt doesn't work as written. I will write
something explaining the two both architecturally (politically
really for the purposes of this debate) and also which I think is
better.

2. -ftime-trace has been around for a while now. It's very good.
dmd will have it at some point (PRs already there for a good
chunk of it's implementation). I will have time to pick it up
again in June.