Browsers in D

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 00:07:44 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 19 December 2023 at 23:40:48 UTC, Antonio wrote:
> It was not the first neither the last problem that a new
> version of chrome caused to our company

Oh, I'm old enough to remember the Chrome auto-update that broke
standard HTML links! It was such a pain supporting it in the
first few years, while IE and Firefox were both working pretty
well at the time.

But, like I just said in the other post, Firefox has near-zero
support for being embedded in other applications. If you know of
a way that we could reasonably use from D, let me know, but the
only time I've seen an embedded Gecko is actually in the Wine
project... and this had no other way to access it that I could
find.

> I remember when reported a bug about canvas/images memory leak
> (Our software processed hundred of images directly on web)...
> we find the solution to assigning 0 to width/height... but the
> chromium bug remained YEARS until it was solved.

Mozilla has closed *dozens* of bugs that affect me directly as
WONTFIX, including fairly simple to fix regressions. That's why I
can't use it anymore.

> Adam, I really heated Chrome... and I simply don't tolerate
> each new browser based on chromium.

If you wanna work on my other engine to bring it up to spec, feel
free lol, but the screenshots speak to the functionality gap...