Breaking news: std.uni changes!

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 13:51:49 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 3 January 2023 at 04:13:53 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:
> On 03/01/2023 10:24 AM, Dukc wrote:
>> Other things coming to mind: Bidirectional grapheme iteration,
>> Word break and line break algorithms, lazy normalisation.
>> Indeed, lots of improvement potential.
>
> I've done word break, "lazy" normalization (so can stop at any
> point), and lazy case insensitive comparison with normalization.

Can't wait to see them in master!

> But: Bidirectional grapheme iteration makes my eye twitch lol.

I did write a reverse grapheme iterator for Symmetry. It isn't
fit for Phobos as-is since it only accepts UTF-8 strings (not
other ranges) and is modeled after the Phobos grapheme walker,
not the 15.0 standard. But I could ask for permission to give it
to you if it'd help.