Safer Linux Kernel Modules Using the D Programming Language

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Jan 11 09:52:23 UTC 2023

By the way, back in the 80's, I wrote my own pointer checker for my own use
developing C code. It was immensely useful in flushing bugs out of my code.
There are vestiges of it still in the dmd source code.

But it ran very ssssslllllooooooowwwwwwlllllyyyyy, and was not usable for
shipped code.

A lot of very capable engineers have working on this problem C has for many
decades. If it was solvable, they would have solved it by now.