D Language Foundation Monthly Meeting Summary for December 2022

Johan j at j.nl
Sat Jan 28 13:04:33 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 21 January 2023 at 04:29:28 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> The December meeting took place on the 3rd of the month at
> 15:00 UTC. The following people were present:
>

> Razvan noted that simplifying the language is part of our
> vision, and this seems like a good candidate. Walter agreed.
> Dennis suggested going through DRuntime and Phobos to look at
> all instances of `@property` and seeing if they could be
> removed. Walter agreed.

Is there a document describing cases where removal of `@property`
does not lead to an error but does lead to a change in behavior
of code?

We are considering a blanket removal of 3000+ instances of
`@property`. The resulting compile errors I can fix (unless they
happen in speculative instantiations, they may be harder to track
down), but I am especially worried about changes in behavior that
do not lead to compile warnings/errors.

Thanks a lot,
   Johan