WildCAD - a simple 2D drawing application

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 15:01:40 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 29 January 2023 at 13:55:41 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:
> dub isn't the issue, people who fight it like this, fight the D
> compilers and end up having issues.

dub fights D compilers. This is why it forces me to write 600
lines of ugly configuration file for something that just works in
dmd.

That said, the directory layout here is indeed not optimal, and
the makefile build takes *forever* which is disturbing. This
program should probably build in < 3 seconds, not the... minute
or two it took running make here.

Proof:

$ time dmd -i wildcad.d -I../../widgets/lib/source/
-I../../widgets/include -version=X11 -L-lX11 -L-lcups
-L-lfontconfig -L-lcairo

real    0m2.703s

Fully operational executable created in under 3 seconds.