LDC 1.31.0-beta1

Guillaume Piolat first.last at spam.org
Mon Jan 30 15:31:47 UTC 2023

On Friday, 27 January 2023 at 20:35:01 UTC, kinke wrote:
> Glad to announce the first beta for LDC 1.31. Major changes:
>
> * Based on D 2.101.2.
>   * ImportC: The C preprocessor isn't invoked yet.
> * mac/iOS arm64: Linking with `-g` is working again without
> unaligned pointer warnings/errors.
> * *Preliminary* support for LLVM 15. Thanks @jamesragray for
> helping out!
> * Initial ABI support for 64-bit RISC-V. Thanks @Ast-x64!
>
> Full release log and downloads:
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.31.0-beta1
>
> Please help test, and thanks to all contributors & sponsors!

So far this DUB-related issue is the one that is difficult to
workaround: https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/2567

The argument for not using SDL was that you could use a fake key,
but right now there is no way to have comments in dub.json with
the builtin schema validaiton (which is super nice! don't get me
wrong).

If we don't have *any* way to add JSON comments then we could as
well deprecated dub.json, since the D newbies will stumble over
the same configuration issue again and again when copying recipes.