Evolving the D Language

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Fri Jul 7 03:14:38 UTC 2023

I suspect that we kinda have it a little backwards.

Keep it strict by default, but allow more code to pass if desired.

This is how a build manager like dub should operate.

Part of the goal here is to make sure people don't go round using
undesirable features by accident.

Also we should probably have the ability to turn on only a subset of the
features based upon version. That way you can only accidentally add
behavior that you already know about and not have infinite possibilities
going forward.

And for the record I still want hex strings to come back. They were
incredibly useful with no good alternatives when we talk about large
tables of data being described.