Evolving the D Language

Guillaume Piolat first.last at spam.org
Fri Jul 7 10:45:33 UTC 2023

On Friday, 7 July 2023 at 09:35:14 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:

> I respectfully disagree, and prefer to keep going on with the
> current deprecation and cleanup policy: Scott Meyers' DConf
> 2014 keynote all the way down.

+1

I've always agreed with the deprecation in the end, even complex
numbers.
alias this was a relatively bad idea, even if an iconic feature.
I don't remember people from outside the community being
impressed by alias this.
We have the right to backtrack on bad ideas instead of keeping
them forever.
The __traits changed feature was aout fixing an incorrect
behaviour. It took 10 min to fix.
The current deprecation system is very good.