Centroid tracking using DCV

Ferhat Kurtulmuş aferust at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 07:18:06 UTC 2023

On Friday, 23 June 2023 at 02:16:49 UTC, Ki Rill wrote:
> On Wednesday, 15 February 2023 at 17:32:33 UTC, Ferhat
> Kurtulmuş wrote:
>> [...]
>
> I am facing strange ffmpeg errors on Windows. It fails to read
> a frame. Do you have any ideas how to solve it?
>
> [...]

I am typing those via my phone, and cannot test any code soon.

İf you are using pipe processes with ffmpeg executable, the
terminal output can be a mix of outputs of ffmpeg and your main
process. This makes difficult to search for errors. I think since
your main process is interrupted due to an error (maybe an opencl
error), ffmpeg stops too. Please note that the centroid tracking
example does not use ffmpeg-d (you can modify the code to use it
though).

For Mac you should use bindbc-glfw by deleting the subconf:

	"subConfigurations": {
		"dcv:plot": "use-glfw-d"

You can also try using equivalent DCV functions instead of opencl
to eliminate opencl errors.