D Language Foundation Monthly Meeting Summary for May 2023

Sebastiaan Koppe mail at skoppe.eu
Fri Jun 23 16:18:41 UTC 2023

On Friday, 23 June 2023 at 14:32:51 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> [...]
>
> Walter brought up [Sebastiaan Koppe's presentation from last
> year](https://youtu.be/hJhNhIeq29U) on structured concurrency.
> He said he'd like to see Sebastiaan there this year for an
> update on the project, preferably as a follow-up presentation.
> He was excited about the project and felt it was a big deal in
> general and a big deal for D. Even if Sebastiaan decided not to
> move the project forward, Walter felt we should find someone to
> take it over. He said the ideas behind it were big and would be
> a nice thing for us. (We subsequently confirmed with Sebastiaan
> that he didn't have enough material yet for a follow-up talk).
>
> [...]

For anyone interested, this is still very much alive.

In fact, the lovely folks at https://github.com/NVIDIA/stdexec
have validated several ideas I had for improving things, and I
have been using any spare time I have left - which isn't much
sadly - to incorporate these concepts.

I hope to find some time to do a lighting talk.