Beta 2.103.0

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 16:40:12 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 2 March 2023 at 14:40:04 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
> Glad to announce the first beta for the 2.103.0 release, ♥ to
> the 43 contributors.
>
> [snip]

I see some typos in the changelog (stars around what I noticed):

(Compiler changes #5)
Up until this release, D had both traits(isVirtualFunction) and
traits(isVirtualMethod) (and their *coressponding* traits(get...)
counterpart). The *differenrcte* between the two is that
isVirtualFunction returns true for final methods that do not
override anything.

(this sentence is listed for both library change #2 and #3)
As the template constraint is not used to overload the symbol
template function, the *constrains* are *move* into static
asserts with expressive error messages.

> - In dub, the `--color` argument now accepts the values `auto`,
> `never`, and `always`.

Any reason why it doesn't match the options from DMD?

I recall some discussion about how to get the colors working on
Windows, but it's been a long time and hard to find. It might be
good to add something like "Here's an example on Windows 1X" to
https://dlang.org/dmd-windows.html