A New Era for the D Community

monkyyy crazymonkyyy at gmail.com
Sun May 7 02:15:02 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 3 May 2023 at 11:13:34 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> IVY, their organizational development program

Your solution to hearing luas dev saying "I dont manage anything"
and whatever feedback from your survey, is you got corporate
training and now you gun-ho about management?

Was I in an extreme minority here?

https://monkyyyscience.substack.com/i/93037044/stop-pretending-d-is-a-corporate-language

>> *Stop pretending D is a corporate language*

>> You have a community of meta-programming-crazed iconoclasts

>> Either you believe this small community has great 1000x
>> programmers or you don't and we are doomed anyway

>> If Adr says "I want to make a color lib", don't stand in his
>> way give him the namespace std.community.color that can be
>> written to his style guide, to his standards, on his github,
>> and when a new version of the compiler ships a script will
>> grab a snapshot

Please redesign and relaunch `std.experimental` to have a
completely hands-off, anarchic structure. I'm confused how you
came to the conclusion that complaints about management mean
there should be more management instead of a fundamentally
different approach.