DLF September 2023 Planning Update

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 13:13:53 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 14 November 2023 at 12:55:28 UTC, Andrey Zherikov
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 November 2023 at 08:18:20 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> ## The future of D
>
> Did you see this video from cppnow'23?
> https://youtu.be/VMYVbA2gg0g?si=fMGbnE0FliLwmYgo
> It's a good talk about language evolution in general.

Haven't seen that one, but there's certainly a lot of interest in
the C++ community on language evolution.

 From the same conference, this one on the Carbon language is kind
of in line with the work on editions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZTJ9omXOQ0

I also enjoyed Herb's discussion of language evolution at the
latest CppCon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U3hl8XMm8c&list=PLHTh1InhhwT7gQEuYznhhvAYTel0qzl72&index=4