From the D Blog: Crafting Self-Evident Code in D

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 26 08:00:22 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 26 October 2023 at 03:15:00 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 10/4/2023 12:50 PM, claptrap wrote:
>> Yes he can do what he likes, nobody has the right to demand
>> anything from him. But his position and experience and
>> knowledge is such that him doing a talk on coding guidelines
>> is disappointing.
>
> Considering how few people follow the coding guidelines I
> presented, it's worthwhile. It isn't the usual guidelines I
> see, either.

Fwiw, I thought it was a good talk, because this is the kind of
thing many people ignore because they think it's "trivial".

But what I have learned over 25 years of coding is that less is
always more.

The best code is code that can be understood.

Don't try to be cleaver. It's almost always a bad idea.