reggae v0.10.0 - The meta build system just got better

Greggor Greggor at notareal.email
Mon Sep 11 22:39:56 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 7 September 2023 at 17:34:48 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> https://code.dlang.org/packages/reggae
>
> For those who don't know, reggae is a meta-build system for and
> in D. It's like CMake, if you replace their terrible language
> with D*. Like CMake, it can output make and ninja files. Unlike
> CMake, it can also output tup files and has its own binary
> generator in case the dependency on one of those programs is
> undesired. Also unlike CMake, it supports dub projects
> out-of-the-box by using dub as a library.
>
> [...]

I spent a some time getting a part of my project to build with
Reggae & so far I am impressed, The partial compiles are really
good, I am looking forward to switching!

My largest complaint is that Reggae needs improvements to it's
documentation, there was enough of it for me to get started and I
can figure it out, but I do not feel that anyone can just jump
right into using it. But this is not a unique problem especially
with build systems, so this is a nitpick.