SerpentOS departs from Dlang

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 23:46:54 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 16 September 2023 at 12:34:24 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:
> Although I do want a write barrier on each struct/class, to
> allow for cyclic handling especially for classes.

How dare you bring the High Heresy of write barriers into D! I
thought that it was well understand that even mentioning Write
Barriers is a mortal sin against the Church of @nogc.

Kidding aside. If you do this, you might as well turn them on
everywhere. After that it's a easy stroll to a non-blocking
moving GC, which would end most complaints about the GC (nobody
complains about the .NET GC anymore).