DConf '23 Talk Videos

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 12:43:49 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 20 September 2023 at 08:41:01 UTC, Stefan Koch
wrote:

> My feeling is this could be a faulty power supply.
> You should try a new PSU first.
>
> How old is the hardware?

It's a two-year-old box. Yes, it could be the PSU, but in my
experience when they go bad it manifests in more than one way.
I've had a couple of them fail over the years.

At any rate, the guy I took it to will zero in on it. I'll have a
definitive answer tomorrow. If I'm lucky, a full internal
cleaning of the graphics card and some new thermal paste will
solve it. I'm usually not that lucky, though :-)