photon v0.7.0 with Windows support(!)

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Wed Apr 24 22:10:16 UTC 2024

On 25/04/2024 5:41 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 14:40:40 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>>>
>>> You tell me;)
>>> API looks just like any other libc function.
>>
>> I can tell you right off that this will not be allowed in approved
>> apps. Not just for the `__syscall`, but for overriding the normal
>> system calls of all libraries. I can't imagine Apple will be OK with
>> that.
>
> How would they know? The whole thing happens at the link time.
>
>> Dmitry Olshansky
> CEO @ Glowlabs
> https://olshansky.me

Two ways:

Look at externs for your binaries, if any symbol is black listed, it
won't be allowed (such as ``__syscall``).

Decompile, if you see certain instructions, don't allow it.

I can't find it, but we did have something in druntime that was failing
due to private API usage in the past (and hence couldn't publish D
applications).