Fluid 0.6.0 — UI library for D

cookiewitch artha at samerion.com
Wed Feb 7 07:43:58 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 25 January 2024 at 12:33:31 UTC, cookiewitch wrote:
> Fluid is a library I started developing 3 years ago when I
> joined the D community, after failing to find a suitable
> library for my gamedev project. Developing user interfaces
> through websites, games or applications is something I've spent
> a significant amount of time in the past, so I saw this as an
> opportunity for developing a solution that combines the best
> aspects of different frameworks I have previously used, whereas
> targeted at web browsers, mobile applications, games or
> desktop. Similarly to how many praise D for being both great
> for prototyping and amazingly scalable, I found that I would
> love to build something that shares both of those traits.
>
> [...]

I've just released 0.6.2, which is focused on cross-platform
fixes.

Windows:

* Static Windows libraries for Freetype have been replaced with
dynamic ones, which makes it a lot easier to compile.

macOS:

* Freetype should now work correctly on both Intel and Apple
Silicon.
* Compiling using DMD has been marked as unsupported and Fluid
will refuse to compile by default. Use `Fluid_Force` to override.
* Disable coordinate scaling, since macOS does that
automatically; Apps should now scale correctly on Retina screens.
* Implement analog scroll, scrolling should now feel far better.