NuMem - safe(r) nogc memory managment

Guillaume Piolat first.name at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 09:59:25 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 2 January 2024 at 10:30:52 UTC, Sergey wrote:
> On Saturday, 30 December 2023 at 15:17:36 UTC, Luna wrote:
>> NuMem 0.5.4 has been released, numem is a new library
>
> Any meaningful comparison with another similar library will be
> highly appreciated
> https://code.dlang.org/packages/automem

I'm not familiar with automem, and I'm not numem primary author.
Goals seems very similar and from a cursory reading:

- automem is much further along on many points such as: attribute
forwarding, @nogc, @safe, DIP1000, allocator support, ranges,
support for GC roots, and exists since 6 years.

- numem is designed to allow C++ programmers to feel at ease,
with a bit less runtime use maybe. Containers own their elements,
like C++ containers (not sure how it is in automem). We plan a
std::map-like.