Upcoming talk at FOSDEM 2024 - The D Programming Language for Modern Open Source Development

Peter Jacobs peterj at mech.uq.edu.au
Thu Jan 18 08:32:14 UTC 2024

On Sunday, 14 January 2024 at 23:16:40 UTC, Mike Shah wrote:
> If folks have a particular open source project they'd like me
> to highlight, please feel free to share here -- I'll do my best
> to figure out how to link a few projects in the presentation.

Mike,
If you want to show some applications written in D, I can offer
the Eilmer compressible flow solver as an example.  This year it
will be ten years that we have been using D to build our flow
solver.  It has been a good ride.

There is a blog entry from a couple of years back
https://dlang.org/blog/2022/02/02/a-gas-dynamics-toolkit-in-d/
which is still a good starting point on why we like to write our
code in D.

You can also browse our main web site https://gdtk.uqcloud.net/
to get an idea of the current state of the project.

Feel free to send an email if you want any flashy pictures for
your presentation. The fellows here have been doing some
impressive calculations in recent times.

Regards,
Peter Jacobs