Beerconf January 2024

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 02:27:03 UTC 2024

On Sunday, 14 January 2024 at 20:29:06 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> # BEERCONF!
> The next one will be January 27-28, and I hope to see you all
> there!

Hi everyone!

On Saturday the 27th, at 17:00 UTC, github user Chibisi has asked
to give a presentation on his project,
[Saucer](https://github.com/chibisi/saucer).

The purpose of the saucer project is to create bidirectional
interop between R, the statistics programming language and D. The
aim is that in time, it will have easily accessible capabilities
similar to libraries like Rcpp in terms of its features and
capability, but with the added advantage that the D programming
language is used with R, and can bring it’s expressive power and
other capabilities to build analytical software that can be made
available in R as well as D being able to access R’s rich API. A
live demonstration of the library in use will be included by way
of an example.

Hope you all can join us! I'll post a reminder just before it
happens.

-Steve